Pages

Friday, March 3, 2017

March Madness

Nope, this post is definitely not about basketball. 

I am a goal setter, a planner and a dreamer. 

Often times I find myself making unrealistic goals that I would NEVER expect of anyone else.

My husband reminds me all that time that expectations are not defined lines.  I will not get everything I want to get done completed in the time that I would like, and that is ok.  I am not going to sit here and tell you that I am okay with this.  I'm not. I always want to do more.  I am also not going to sit here and preach at you to "slow down" or "give more time for yourself" because I am awful at doing both of those things.  

I am getting better though.  At the beginning of this year I told myself that my word for 2017 would be slow.  I wanted to take life slower.  I also wanted to be slower to anger and slower to react.  I would say I have been able to do this about 30% of the time. Definitely better at the slow to react thing than slowing life down but again, I am learning.  

There was a weekend a couple weeks back where our family didn't have anything planned.  It felt like this was the first time in ages and I noticed myself during the week scrambling to fill it in.  That is when K stopped me and asked me to just let us not have anything planned.  Wow.  I can not tell you how amazing that weekend was.  As a wedding planner, weekends were my work week and after two full years of weddings at least 2 weekends out of the month, I find myself wanting "nothing planned" weekends now more than ever. 

I finish up this babble with this.  I was sitting in our backyard yesterday and noticed all the flowers in bloom.  They are gorgeous but those azaleas are about a month too early and then it hit me, maybe God allowed them to bloom in his own time.  They were blooming at the time I needed refreshing and color. I, like those flowers, am ready to bloom into a new phase in life. A life much slower and purposefully planned. 


view from the Emily Ley Simplified Planner

Now to my March goals: 

1. I would like to continue eating clean and whole foods.
2. I would like to purposely plan at least two weekends a month with minimal activity.
3. I would like to get my garage cleaned out (finally) 
4. I am going to say no to putting anything else on my plate for this month.  If it isn't on the calendar as of today, plan it for April.

Not too many goals this month.  

I will let you know how it goes and I will leave you with this. 

Be still and know that I am God - Psalms 46:10
Not only my favorite verse but my daily affirmation. 

XoXo
Lelia





No comments:

Post a Comment