Pages

Monday, March 6, 2017

Relationships - Weekend Recap

Maybe that was a weird name for this blog post but honestly, I can't think of a better one when I think about our weekend.  It really was a weekend of celebrating the relationships in our lives.  By relationships, I mean family time, friendships and of course our romantic relationship as well! 

I will be the first to admit that sometimes, I just get too busy for my own good and because of that some relationship suffer. This is something I am continuously working on in my life.  I am trying my hardest to carve time out of our schedule for relationship building and maintenance, whether it is a simple thinking of you card, text or making time for a life event our friends are having, I want to be there. 

After this weekend, my heart is just so full and ready for the week ahead!

(Side note: weekend updates will more than likely include grainy iphone photos and I ain't mad about it)


Friday night was filled with sister time.  See I am not one to go on girls night outs, it is just not my thing but Friday I was invited to dinner and the junior league attic sale with my lovely sister-in-love and I couldn't pass up that chance! I really enjoy being able to pour into this relationship.  Coming from a family with 5 girls, having a sister is something that makes me who I am and I am so glad to be able to have another one. plus... super cute decoration finds.


Friday night ended with a sleepover for the dood with both of his cousins.  What a loud, I mean fun, night it was!  They stayed and played all day saturday... OUTSIDE! It is nearly impossible to get the xbox kid outside now a days so I am considering this a win. 



This is another relationship that we maintained this weekend... Lowes.  I am not sure it is a healthy relationship but it is probably one that we maintain the most. 

Saturday night, included a sushi date with the hubby.  We plan a date night once a month.  These nights are super special to us. With having a senior family member in the home, it is almost as worrisome as having another child.  We don't like to leave them for long but these nights where it is just the two of us, really are a bit of fresh air. 

Sunday was filled to the brim with gatherings. 


We started the morning at church. It almost didn't happen.  When I woke up I was just NOT FEELING IT.  I am so so glad I pushed through.  My relationship with God is one of the most important to me and and when I start my week surrounded by him, I am so inspired to go into my week with my head high and heart full. 


Next, we enjoyed two showers! 


A baby shower for our friends Mike and Yelena.  I have known Mike since high school and Kevin has known him for over ten years.  It is so funny how Kevin and I have known and been around the same people for years only to come to the same place at the same time. 



After the baby shower, we went to a sweet gender reveal for one of our favorite couples.  Another little girl to spoil is on the way and if she is anything like her big sister, I am going to have to go back to work!  

Even after typing this, I am so overwhelmed by how much love this weekend held!  I hope y'all had a wonderful weekend and I am looking forward to sharing more with you this week!

XoXo
Lelia 

Also, I am participating in the Rachel Allene, heart felt grid challenge over on instagram! I would love for you to check it out and join The Hebert House on insta! JOIN US

No comments:

Post a Comment