Pages

Wednesday, July 19, 2017

Ignorance is not bliss?!


Leliaville:  A place where my husband likes to send me where nothing is ever wrong, no one ever gets hurts, babies are loved and spoiled, puppies are abundant and there is a constant all you can eat seafood bar.

Reality:  The world around us...

See Leliaville has always been a place I love to be.  I don't watch the news, read the news and pay attention to any of the hate that is spewed by the national news stations.  I used to watch Fox News every morning while getting ready, and while they are my preferred news station, I just noticed how it would start my day in a haze of hatred and woe.

So I stopped.  I just stopped watching, reading and being informed all together.  While this worked for me for a quite a while, I started to notice that there were things in life, that I just didn't need to miss.  As a mother, I needed to be informed about the world my son was growing up in.  No matter how bad it scared me.

Enter: The Skimm

The Skimm is a daily email (Monday-Friday) with the headlines of today's news written just how I would read it from my 30 something girlfriend over sushi.  It doesn't sound scary or hateful, just a girlfriend telling you whats up.

Before you roll your eyes, it works for me.  It may not work for everyone and that is ok.  You are welcome to hang out with Fox and Friends and drink your coffee.  The skimm allows me to read the news at my own pace and understand it.

It feels good to be in the know and to know what is going on around me.

If you want to try The Skimm, you can sign up HERE.

Let me know if you like it!  If you don't like it, let me know why.  If you have another news outlet you think I should try, I would love to learn about that too.

XoXo

2 comments:

  1. I may try this! I seriously, no lie, have always stayed away from the news. My sweet Mom calls me with the sad stuff and my husband folls me in on the sports stuff. I'm sure there is some that I need to know that I don't see on Facebook. Lol. Ashley V.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha Ha right?! It is so easy to read the skimm too! It is like reading it from a friend!

    ReplyDelete