Pages

Monday, July 17, 2017

Picture Perfect

Because it is Monday and I need a little pick me up, 
I decided to share with y'all our professional photos from the Eiffel Tower!


The dream of going to Paris, started when I was about 8 years old and never went away.  I have always loved the dream of the most romantic city in the world.  Paris is in my favorite movie Sabrina , I dreamed of it in high school French class while my teacher yelled at me using words that I hardly knew, and when I told Kevin about my dream of going there, he put in our vows that he would kiss me under the Eiffel tower one day. 

Little did I know that dream would come true just 3 years later. 


After planning our trip, we knew that we wanted photos with us and the Eiffel tower while in Paris.
Kevin gifted me the photos for Mother's day this year and I set about getting them set up.
Luckily, I am a member of the creative group The Rising Tide Society.  I went on 
the facebook page for the group and searched Paris.  I knew that photographers would post
when they would be certain places to see if anyone wanted to meet up for photos while they were there. 

And I lucked out BIG TIME when I found Molly! 


Molly owns Molly Carr Photography and she couldn't be more of a sweetheart if she tried!
She just happened to be in Paris the same time we would be there so I message her to tell her
exactly what we were looking for (OCD Lelia mode) and she just GOT it. 


This is where I put my two cents in on professional photography and comfort level.

1. Use a professional photographer and don't be cheap. You pay for what you get in photography.
If you want iphone level photos then take them with an iphone, if you want photos to cherish for years to come that are high quality and gorgeous, then get a photographer.  These photos are worth WAY more than what we paid.  Best money we spent on the entire trip.

2. Make sure you feel comfortable with the photographer.  It will set the mood for the entire shoot.
Molly and I spoke on the photo prior to signing the contract to make sure we clicked.  It was a must for both her and myself. 

Molly was able to capture the portraits we wanted, and still feel comfortable to capture our true personalities.  That my friends is GOLD!


We love these photos so much and as I said before, they are one of our favorite experiences of the trip.  I wanted to share just a couple of Eiffel tower pointers that we learned to help you have a great experience getting photos with the Eiffel Tower.

1. Get there Early.  I originally wanted to get photos at dusk but Molly talked me into sunrise 
and I am so glad she did.  
It is super packed at dusk and the lighting at sunrise... wow. 
Plus, you get the extra benefit of seeing the sunrise at the Eiffel Tower (win win)

2. Location Location
Molly asked us to meet her at Le Coq restaurant (we ubered there) and then we walked over to Trocadero Square (The area where we photographed with the Eiffel tower in the background) from there.  This spot is perfect and you can walk down towards the Eiffel tower for more photos.

I can tell you this, Molly's expertise on location was spot on and when you walk over to Trocadero Square and turn the corner to see the Eiffel Tower, it is breathtaking.  It was my first time seeing it so I cried like a baby (also see: bring back up mascara if you are a cry baby like me)

3. Just do the Paris black and white.
I asked my Stitchfix consultant that I needed a dress for these photos and SHE DELIVERED.
This dress was so perfect.  I paired it with a pair of black heels and Kevin wore jeans and a black blazer.  We kept his outfit simple and it was perfect.  No need for a tie.  Keep it simple so that the scenery isn't overpowered.  If you must do a color, I recommend red.
(If you are interested in StitchFix, just click HERE to try it out!)

4. Be in the moment.
Really be in it y'all.  Take it in and don't worry about the photographer.  If they are any good at their job, they will capture the moment exactly for what it should be, you experiencing the Eiffel Tower with your love. 

Again, we just love these photos and hope that if you are able to get photos taken in front of the Eiffel Tower that you cherish them as much as we do! 

To see Molly's blog post about our photos you can go here
Her view of our photos made me cry and relive this amazing moment all over again. 


Thank you again Molly for capturing what is now one of our favorite moments in life.

If you have any questions or want any advice about getting your photos taken at the Eiffel Tower, please be sure to comment here or email me anytime at heberthouseblog@gmail.com!

XoXo



No comments:

Post a Comment