Pages

Saturday, July 22, 2017

Hebert House Update- Summer


What an amazing Summer we have had!


Summer in The Hebert House has been busy busy but packed with so much fun.
While it has been busy, we have been intentionally tried to slow down. 
By that I mean, I did less work, less organizing, less worrying and more family time!

One of my favorite parts of this Summer, has been that my sisters have been in town.
With my 5 sisters, come 14 nieces and nephews.
They are so precious to us!






But the highlight of the Summer of the Sisters has to be my sister Rebecca's wedding!
We all made the trek up to Pennsylvania to be in the wedding and it was a blast. 
We stayed up late at the hotel and danced the night away at the wedding.

Plus how cute are we?!


 Summer, of course, has been filled with a ton family other than my sisters.

We even made time to see an old friend on the way home from Penn.
We hadn't seen each other in so long but there is something about staying friends
through college, marriage, children and now our thirties.
I just cherish these friendship more and more each year.


The highlight of the Summer for Kevin and myself was our European Holiday!
We spent 10 days in June traveling to London, Paris and Barcelona.
Europe, of course, was even better than I could have ever imagined
and the time alone with just Kevin was medicine to my soul.







We also celebrated 4 years of being together in July!
It seems like I have always known him.


The doodle bug has been doing exactly what he wanted to do this summer...
Be lazy and play video games.


I just can't believe that he will be going to the 7th grade soon.
It seems each day when he wakes up, he is a little taller and more mature.
(and has more attitude)

One thing we can say for sure, is that Bobby knows Jesus.  What a blessing!
Earlier this Summer he accepted Jesus into his heart
and just a couple of weeks ago, he was baptized!
I pray each day that God will guide him and show him right from wrong.
He is such an amazing kiddo!


Burch has totally committed to the lazy lifestyle this summer too!


Nanny has had a busy Summer full of travel and ice cream cones, of course.
While we were in Europe, she went to visit my cousin in Dallas for a month.
She had a blast but we missed her so much. 


If I am honest, one of the hardest parts of the Summer is seeing her memory slip a little 
more and more each day it seems.  Even the little things seem to slip her mind quickly.
It is heartbreaking and I know that she is starting to notice it too and it pains her to see her memory
slipping away.  She talked a lot about being old and getting close to dying, which I quickly remind her won't be from 20-30 more years.  We laugh but I think we both know that she isn't getting younger. I am trying so hard to cherish everyday with her.  Her check up this summer said her heart and body are in peak working order for a 81 year old!  Yay! 

I guess I say all that to ask you to continue to pray as we continue on this journey.
We love having Nanny living with us so much.  The future is a little scary to think about though.
We really do appreciate every prayer!

Whew!  Sorry about the somber moment y'all!


As I said before, this summer has been so great and we have been able to make so many memories.
It has been filled with a ton of laughter, great company, good food and 
a TON of snoballs. 


Hope y'all are having an amazing Summer as well!

And to all the Mommies and Daddies out there...
Only a couple more weeks until School starts back!

XoXo

No comments:

Post a Comment